The Tale of Two Feasts
Summary of Revelation 19
Revelation 19 starts with a sound of praise from heaven; a praise for the judgment of Babylon and praise for the marriage of the Lamb. John feels the need to worship and worships an angel who corrects his behavior. Next, the scene changes to Jesus returning to the earth riding a white horse with an army from heaven. Finally, there is an invitation to the great supper of the birds of heaven to eat, “…the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.” These are the scenes of the final war over evil and the victory of Jesus Christ.
- If you see Jesus rightly, it will change the way you follow and trust him. Get your ducks in a row because there are consequences that you could face.
- You will be highly offended, or it will change the rest of your life when you understand that Jesus is the Warrior King. (The gifts are freedom from the penalty of sin.)
- Jesus is completely justified and right in his judgment and he knows what is in your heart. The One who knows all truth is God.
- We need to see Jesus as Savior, Lamb of God, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and wearing a robe dipped in blood, a warrior King.
One Couldn’t Help But Ask…
- In the beginning of Revelation 19 there are sounds of praise from multitudes of heavenly inhabitants and the sounds of rejoicing and celebration for the marriage and the marriage supper of the Lamb. How do we ensure that we are invited to this party/wedding?
- In verse 12, the bible mentions, “His eyes were like flames of fire”. What do you think this means?
- How do I discern if I have been misled in this life and in pursuit of ungodliness? In other words, how do I make sure that I am not on the menu during the feast of the birds?