He Is Wonderful!
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Isaiah prophesies the coming of Jesus almost 800 years before the actual event.
- Our God can be trusted to keep His promises to us whether they are proclaimed by His prophets, like Isaiah, or in His holy word, as in Revelation.
- HIs promises will be answered only when their time has come.
- His promises are personal and will exceed all our needs. Our trust in Him will be exceedingly rewarded.
- We should never rely on our own resources for anything. It is best to rely on our everlasting God everyday for everything.
One Couldn’t Help But Ask…
- Why did God wait so long to send His Son to mankind?
- Isaiah’s words of “unto us a child is born” and “to us a son is given.” suggest that Jesus is ours, i.e., He belongs to us. Is this correct?
- Is He ours or, are we His?
- The attributes Isaiah names make Jesus sound almost unbelievably wonderful. What did we ever do to deserve this blessing?
- If I am not deserving, what can I do to show Him my gratitude?